Comrades 2017 – Final Instructions for Club Tent Sites
Club Tent Site and Other Rules
Layout of the Club Tent Sites:
A Club Listing in alphabetical order with the respective Club Tent Sites Numbers:
Layout of Comrades Finish Area at Scottsville Racecourse – Pietermaritzburg:
- If clubs bring their own club tents/Gazebos, they must not exceed the size of the allocated grass area per site.
- No platforms, scaffolding or sponsors signage may be used at the tent sites.
- Although security is provided at the finish, neither the CMA, it’s sponsors, Ward Events, Tsogo Sun or Gold Circle Racing, the owners of Golden Horse Casino and their partners, will take responsibility for any loss or damage to club property.
- No vehicles and trailers will be permitted into the race course prescient after 17h00 on Saturday 3rd June 2017. This vehicle and trailer access will be only through the main boom gates at the main Casino Entrance. Once near the Trailer Parking area – Trailers will have to be pushed into the demarcated area by hand, and left there to be collected after 18h00 on Sunday, 4th of June 2017.
- No Trailers will be allowed in the Club Tent Site Areas. All Trailers must be parked on the “Dirt Road” indicated on the attached map and your items carried a short distance to your allocated Club Tent Sites.
- Clubs must ensure that their own tents/gazebos are erected by no later than 17h00 on Saturday, the 3rd of June 2017.
- All vehicles and trailers could be subject to a search by security to ensure that NO ALCOHOL, FIREARMS, WEAPONS OR GLASSWARE are brought into the race course prescient. IF FOUND, THESE WILL BE REMOVED BY SECURITY.
- NO BRAAI FIRES OR GAS CYLINDERS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE RACE COURSE PRESCIENT. IF FOUND, THESE WILL BE REMOVED BY SECURITY. Please make prior arrangements to bring flasks and pre-packed foods for your runners. Runners may also make use of the soup tent at the finish where hot beverages and soup will be provided.
- All Vehicles that are parked ILLEGALLY in the Race Course Prescient after 17h00 on Saturday the 3rd June 2017 will be towed away!!
- There will ONLY be the following parking options on Sunday 4th June:
- Woodhouse Road Parking Area – This is FREE PARKING but there will be NO event security and you park at your own risk
- Woodburn Stadium – This is secured parking area with a R20 charge per car.
- The Pedestrian Gate from both these parking areas into the Race Course Prescient will be off New England Road.
- THERE WILL BE A PUBLIC BAR AVAILABLE AT THE ENTRANCE THE CLUB TENT SITE IN THE RACE COURSE PRESCIENT DURING THE COURSE OF THE DAY.
- No advertising or branding may be displayed in the Club Tent Site Area
- For ease of finding the Club Tent Sites, there will have 6 x Ward Events Teardrop banners at the entrance to Club Tent Sites area.
- Those clubs that are doing catering and hospitality through Ward Events, we request that you have a club member at your Club Tent Site to receive the delivery at the specified times i.e. 12h00 or 15h00
- DUE TO THE FACT THAT THE RACE COURSE PRESCIENT WILL FORM PART OF THE COMRADES ROUTE AND FINISH, IT WILL BE CLOSED TO ALL VEHICLE ACCESS FROM 17H00 ON SATURDAY 3RD JUNE TO 18H00 ON SUNDAY 4TH JUNE. WE REQUEST THAT YOU ADHERE TO THIS IMPORTANT INSTRUCTION